Field of Specialization : Equine Physiology
Research Interests:Equine Physiology, Semen Physiology, Parentage testing, Equine Draft Power & Milk are the field of interest. Development of LFA for pregnancy diagnosis is in process.
Recent research papers in last five years:
- AK Gupta, Sanjay Kumar, Yash Pal, Anuradha Bhardwaj, Mamta Chauhan, Birendra Kumar, Prince and RK Vijh (2018). Genetic Diversity and Structure Analysis of Donkey Population Clusters in Different Indian Agro-climatic Regions. J Biodivers Endanger Species 2018, 6:225.
- Anuradha Bhardwaj, Sanjay Kumar, Varij Nayan, Parvati Sharma, Yash Pal and SC Yadav (2018). Expression and characterization of recombinant single chain beta-alpha equine chorionic gonadotropin in prokaryotic host. Indian Journal of Animal Research: DOI: 10.18805/ijar.B-3571.
- RA Legha, Vijay Kumar, Yash Pal, RK Dedar, PA Bala, SK Ravi, TR Talluri, BN Tripathi (2018). Physiological, hematological and biochemical responses in non-descript Indian donkeys working with different pack loads in brick-kiln simulated conditions. International Journal of Livestock Research, 8(6), 59-66.
- T.R. Talluri, S.K. Ravi, R.A. Legha, Yash Pal, T.K. Thomas, S.S. Kashyap and B.N. Tripathi (2018). Assessment of seminal traits and suitability of semen for cryopreservation of exotic stallions reared under Indian conditions. Indian Journal of Animal Reproduction 39 (1): 44-45.
- Rajesh Dahiyaa, Raj Kumar Salarb, Kruti Debnath Mandala, Rajender Kumar, BN Tripathi, Yash Pal, Sanjay Kumar (2018). Risk factor analysis associated with Theileria equi infected equines in semiarid and sub-humid ecological enzootic zones of India. Veterinary Parasitology: Regional Studies and Reports 12: 17–21.
- Anuradha Bhardwaj, Varij Nayan, Parvati Sharma, Sanjay Kumar, Yash Pal, Jitender Singh (2017). Molecular characterization, modeling, in silico analysis of equine pituitary gonadotropin alpha subunit and docking interaction studies with ganirelix. In Silico Pharmacology: 5:5
- Yogesh Soni, Thirumala Rao Talluri, SK Ravi, Ashok Kumar Chaudhary, JS Mehta, RA Legha, Yash Pal, AK Gupta and BN Tripathi (2017). Quantitative and qualitative assessment of seminal parameters of Manipuri breed stallions reared in arid zone of Rajasthan. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 87 (5): 587-589.
- Ramesh Dedar, PA Bala, Vijay Kumar, Jitendar Singh, Yash Pal, RA Legha, AK Gupta (2017). Effect of electrolyte supplementation on electrolyte profile in Marwari horses during 20 km moderate intensity riding exercise. Comparative Exercise Physiology: 13 (2) : 87 – 95
- A K Gupta, Sanjay Kumar, Yash Pal, Mamta Chauhan, Birendra Kumar and Prince (2017). Phenotypic characteristics and general managemental practices for working donkey populations in south western Bihar region of India. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences, 87 (11): 1414–1417.
- Rekha Sharma, Himani Sharma, Sonika Ahlawat, Poonam Panchal, Yash Pal, Rahul Behl and M S Tantia (2017). Simple sequence repeat (SSR) genotypic data reveal high genetic diversity in Rajasthan donkey of India. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 87 (12): 1497–1503.
- A.K. Gupta, S Kumar, Yash Pal, M Brahmane, B Kumar, M Chauhan, P Sharma, P Singh, RN Sheokand, DR Aneja (2017). Phenotypic clustering of Indian donkey population belonging to six agro-climatic regions. J Biodivers Endanger Species 2017, 5:4
- A K Gupta, Yash Pal and Sanjay Kumar (2016). Development of equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG) based sandwich ELISA for pregnancy diagnosis and fetus viability in mares. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 86(3): 279-284.
- Arangasamy A, Talluri TR, Ravi SK and Yash Pal (2016). Synchronization of Marwari mares for induction of estrus using prostaglandin F2 alpha. Indian Vet J, 99 (1): 77-79.
- T R Talluri, Ravi S.K., J Singh, Legha, RA, Yash Pal, Gupta, A.K., Singh R.K. and Tripathi, B. N. (2016). Some reproductive parameters of Zanskari mares reared in an organized farm under tropical climate. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 86 (2): 163-167.
- A. K. Gupta, Sanjay Kumar, Parvati Sharma,Yash Pal, R. K. Dedar, Jitender Singh, Anuradha Bhardwaj, Manoj Brahmane, Ajay Raut, S. C. Yadav and Birendra Kumar (2016). Biochemical profiles of Indian donkey population located in six different agro-climatic zones. Comparative Clinical Pathology 25 (1): 1-7.
- Thirumala Rao Talluri, Arangasamy A, Singh J, Ravi SK, Yash Pal , Legha RA, Alpha Raj M, Ashish Chopra, Singh RK, Tripathi BN (2016). Factors affecting the Length of Gestation in Artificially Inseminated Marwari Mares of India. Asian Pacific Journal of Reproduction 5(6): 481-489.
- RA Legha, PA Bala, Yash Pal, RK Dedar, V Kumar, SK Ravi, T Rao and AK Gupta (2016). Nutrients intake and energy requirement of Marwari mares at maintenance. Veterinary Practitioner 17 (1): 74-76
- RA Legha, PA Bala, RK Dedar and Yash Pal (2016). Nutrients intake and their digestibility in adult indigenous donkeys in arid region of Rajasthan. Veterinary Practitioner 17 (2): 186-188.
- SK Ravi, Yash Pal, RA Legha and Susavi Kumari (2015). Advances in Reproductive Biotechnologies in Horses. Indian Farmer 2(1): 1-10.
- Talluri TR, Ravi SK, Singh J, Legha RA & Yash Pal (2015). Application of Caslick’s Index in Predicting the Mare Fertility. Journal of Animal Research 5 (2) 219-222.
- Ashok Gupta, Anuradha Bhardwaj, Supriya, Parvati Sharma, Yash Pal, Mamta and Sanjay Kumar (2015). Mitochondrial DNA- a Tool for Phylogenetic and Biodiversity Search in Equines. J Biodivers Endanger Species S1: S1.006 doi:10.4172/2332-2543.S1.006
- K.C. Dagar, A. Moolchandani, M. Sareen, Yash Pal, Naveen Kumar Singh, PS Lamba, Sarita (2015). A study on effect of work load on Physiological indices in donkeys. Global Journal for Research Analysis: 4 (6) 274-275.
- A. Arangasamy, T. R. Rao, R. K. Singh, Yash Pal and S. N. Tandon (2015). Unilateral cryptorchidism in Marwari stallion. Veterinary Practitioner 16 (1), 132-133.
- AK Gupta, Mamta Chauhan, Anuradha Bhardwaj, Neelam Gupta, SC Gupta, Yash Pal, SN Tandon, RK Vijh (2014). Comparative Genetic Diversity Analysis among Six Indian Breeds and English Thoroughbred Horses. Livestock Science 163 (5): 1-11.
- 25. Mamta Chauhan, A. K. Gupta, Yash Pal Sharma, Anuradha Bhardwaj and Parvati Sharma (2014). Efficacy of Nine Microsatellite Markers in Parentage Testing of Horse Breeds. Indian Veterinary Journal, 91(12): 61-63.
- 26. Dedar RK, Legha RA, Bala PA, Ravi SK, Yash Pal and Gupta AK (2014). Effect of Oral Supplementation of Vitamin C and Exercise on Plasma Vitamin C Status in Marwari Horses. J. Veterinary Science Technology 5:2 (http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2157-7579.1000169).
Technologies developed/ patented:
a). Pregmare kit for pregnancy diagnosis in horse mares
b). Cryopreservation of Stallion semen
Awards/ Fellowships:Best Poster Award during the “XVI Annual Convention of Indian Society for the Study of Animal Reproduction” held at Ranchi, India (2000).
Membership:SAPI, SOCDAB, ISBD
Students guided (Master’s):Four
Ongoing Research Projects:
a). Development of rapid diagnostic test for pregnancy diagnosis in horse mares (PI)
b). AICRP on Utilization of Animal Energy with Enhanced System efficiency (Co-PI)
c). Genetic characterization of Marwari horses for selection of true to breed animals (Co-PI)