Qualification : PhD
Development of diagnostics of equine bacterial diseases eg, Glanders, Rhodococcus equi and Streptococcal infections. Molecular epidemiology of Burkholderia mallei. Host-pathogen interactions and equine immunology.
Recent publications in last five years
- Singha H, Goyal SK, Malik P, Singh R K. 2014. Use of heavy water (D2O) in developing thermo-stable recombinant p26 protein based enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for sero-diagnosis of equine infectious anemia virus infection. The Sci. World. J. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/620906
- Singha H, Goyal S K, Malik P. 2015. Cloning and Sequence analysis of Interleukin (IL)-2, IL-4, IL-10, and IL-18 of Marwari horse. Ind J Anim Sci. 85 (6): 621–627
- Malik P, Singha H, Goyal SK, Khurana SK, Tripathi BN, Dutt A, Singh D, Sharma N, Jain S. 2015. Incidence of Burkholderia mallei infection among indigenous equines in India. Vet Rec Open. 2(2):e000129.
- Khurana S.K, Singha H, Malik P, Gulati B R, and Singh R K. 2015. Molecular characterization of clinical isolates of Rhodococcus equi with PCR assay based on virulence plasmid marker. Ind J Anim Sci. 85 (10): 1063–1066
- Kumar P, Kumar R, Manuja BK, Singha H, Sharma A, Virmani N, Yadav SC, Manuja A.2015. CpG-ODN Class C Mediated Immunostimulation in Rabbit Model of Trypanosoma evansi Infection. PLoS One. 10(6):e0127437
- Elschner MC, Karine L, Zientara S, Singha H, Malik P, Kumar S, Wernery U, V L de A Santana, Castro RS, Mota RA, Koziy R, Khan I, Saqib M, Becú T, Mosavari N, Neubauer H. 2016. OIE-Project – Validation study of a western blot technique and ELISAs for serological diagnosis of glanders in equids for the purpose of certifying freedom from infection in individual animals for trade or movement. J Equine Vet Sc.DOI: 10.1016/j.jevs.2016.02.033.
- Singha H, Malik P, Saini S, Khurana S K, Elschner MC, Mertens K, Barth S, Tripathi B N, Singh R. K. 2017. Draft genome sequences of two clinical isolates of Burkholderia mallei obtained from nasal swab of glanderous equines in India. GenomeAnnounc 5(14). pii: e00063-17. doi: 10.1128/genomeA.00063-17.
- Girault G, Wattiau P, Saqib M, Martin B , Vorimore F, Singha H, Engelsma M, Roest HJ, Spicic S, Grunow R, Vicari N, De Keersmaecker S.C.J, Roosens N.H.C, Fabbi M, Tripathi BN, Zientara S, Madani N, Laroucau K.2018. High-Resolution Melting PCR Analysis for rapid genotyping of Burkholderia mallei. Infect. Genet. Evol. 63:1-4
- Singh S, Dohre SK, Kamthan A, Pal V, Karothia BS, Singha H, Kumar S.2018. Improvement of recombinant-truncated Burkholderia motility protein A (BimA)-based indirect ELISA for equine glanders. J Immunoassay Immunochem. 39(5):565-575. doi: 10.1080/15321819.2018.1523800.
- Manuja A, Manuja BK, Singha H. 2018. Sequence and functional variability of Toll-like receptor 9 gene in equines. Mol. Immunol. pii: S0161-5890(18)30842-3. doi: 10.1016/j.molimm.2018.10.010.
- Recombinant Hcp1 indirect ELISA for diagnosis of glanders
- Recombinant p26 indirect ELISA for diagnosis of Equine Infectious Anaemia.
- Recombinant TssA protein for detection of antibodies against Burkholderia mallei and uses thereof
- Recombinant Hcp1 protein for detection of antibodies against Burkholderia mallei and uses thereof
ICAR-NAIP fellowship for overseas research training
- Surveillance, monitoring and control of emerging and existing diseases of equines
- Seroproteome analysis of recombinant secretory proteins of Burkholderia mallei towards development of multiple antigen immunoassays for improved diagnosis of glanders
- Scheduling Equines from Fatal Zoonotic disease-Glanders and Equine
Infectious Anemia (EIA) in India Using Point of Care Diagnostics (POCD)