Qualifications : PhD
Research Interests: Equine Management, Semen cryopreservation, Equine Draft Power Milk are the field of interest.
Recent research papers in the last five years:
- RA Legha, Vijay Kumar, Yash Pal, RK Dedar, PA Bala, SK Ravi, TR Talluri, BN Tripathi (2018). Physiological, haematological and biochemical responses in non-descript Indian donkeys working with different pack loads in brick-kiln simulated conditions. International Journal of Livestock Research, 8(6), 59-66.
- S. Preethi*, A.K. Jhirwal and R.A. Legha (2018) Effect of North and South Faced Housing System on the Physiological Performance of Growing Foals in the Semi-Arid Regions of Rajasthan Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci 7(4): 1921-1934
- T.R. Talluri, S.K. Ravi, R.A. Legha, Yash Pal, T.K. Thomas, S.S. Kashyap and B.N. Tripathi (2018). Assessment of seminal traits and suitability of semen for cryopreservation of exotic stallions reared under Indian conditions. Indian Journal of Animal Reproduction 39 (1): 44-45.
- Yogesh Soni, Thirumala Rao Talluri, SK Ravi, Ashok Kumar Chaudhary, JS Mehta, RA Legha, Yash Pal, AK Gupta and BN Tripathi (2017). Quantitative and qualitative assessment of seminal parameters of Manipuri breed stallions reared in the arid zone of Rajasthan. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 87 (5): 587-589.
- Ramesh Dedar, PA Bala, Vijay Kumar, Jitendar Singh, Yash Pal, RA Legha, AK Gupta (2017). Effect of electrolyte supplementation on electrolyte profile in Marwari horses during 20 km moderate intensity riding exercise. Comparative Exercise Physiology: 13 (2) : 87 – 95
- T R Talluri, Ravi S.K., J Singh, Legha, RA, Yash Pal, Gupta, A.K., Singh R.K. and Tripathi, B. N. (2016). Some reproductive parameters of Zanskari mares reared in an organized farm under tropical climate. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 86 (2): 163-167.
- Thirumala Rao Talluri, Arangasamy A, Singh J, Ravi SK, Yash Pal, Legha RA, Alpha Raj M, Ashish Chopra, Singh RK, Tripathi BN (2016). Factors affecting the Length of Gestation in Artificially Inseminated Marwari Mares of India. Asian Pacific Journal of Reproduction 5(6): 481-489.
- RA Legha, PA Bala, Yash Pal, RK Dedar, V Kumar, SK Ravi, T Rao and AK Gupta (2016). Nutrients intake and energy requirement of Marwari mares at maintenance. Veterinary Practitioner 17 (1): 74-76
- RA Legha, PA Bala, RK Dedar and Yash Pal (2016). Nutrients intake and their digestibility in adult indigenous donkeys in arid region of Rajasthan. Veterinary Practitioner 17 (2): 186-188.
- SK Ravi, Yash Pal, RA Legha and Susavi Kumari (2015). Advances in Reproductive Biotechnologies in Horses. Indian Farmer 2(1): 1-10.
- Talluri TR, Ravi SK, Singh J, Legha RA Yash Pal (2015). Application of Caslick’s Index in Predicting the Mare Fertility. Journal of Animal Research 5 (2) 219-222.
- Dedar RK, Legha RA, Bala PA, Ravi SK, Yash Pal and Gupta AK (2014). Effect of Oral Supplementation of Vitamin C and Exercise on Plasma Vitamin C Status in Marwari Horses. J. Veterinary Science Technology 5:2 (http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2157-7579.1000169).
Technologies developed/ patented:
- Cryopreservation of donkey semen.
- Cryopreservation of Stallion semen
- Developed multipurpose iron plough for equines.
Awards/ Fellowships: Awarded with Outstanding Achievement Award-2017 by the All India Agricultural Students Association for his outstanding contribution and recognition in the field of Livestock Production and Management on 07.10.2017 at RAJUVAS, Bikaner, Rajasthan
Students guided (Master’s): Two
Ongoing Research Projects:
- AICRP on Utilization of Animal Energy with Enhanced System efficiency (PI)
- Approaches to the diagnosis and management of reproductive failure in equines(As CO-PI)
- Assessment and optimization of equine management in an intensive system(As PI up to Nov 2017 and CO-PI after Nov 2017)