Dr. Yash Pal
Discipline: Animal Physiology
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Area of Research Interests:
Presently working in the field of Equine Production, especially utilization of equine energy & equine milk
a Ph.D. in Animal Physiology (1996) from National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal (Haryana).
b Best Poster Award" during the "XVI Annual Convention of Indian Society for the Study of Animal Reproduction" held at Ranchi, India (2000)
Selected Publications of the last Seven years:
1. A.K. Gupta, Mamta Chauhan, Anuradha Bhardwaj, Neelam Gupta, S.C. Gupta, Yash Pal, S.N. Tandon, R.K. Vijh (2014). Comparative Genetic Diversity Analysis among Six Indian Breeds and English Thoroughbred Horses. Livestock Science 163 (5): 1-11.
2. Mamta Chauhan, A. K. Gupta, Yash Pal Sharma, Anuradha Bhardwaj and Parvati Sharma (2014). Efficacy of Nine Microsatellite Markers in Parentage Testing of Horse Breeds. Indian Veterinary Journal, 91(12): 61-63.
3. Dedar RK, Legha RA, Bala PA, Ravi SK, Yash Pal and Gupta AK (2014). Effect of Oral Supplementation of Vitamin C and Exercise on Plasma Vitamin C Status in Marwari Horses. J. Veterinary Science Technology 5:2 (http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2157-7579.1000169)
4. Yash Pal, R A Legha, Niranjan Lal, Anuradha Bhardwaj, Mamta Chauhan, Sanjay Kumar, R C Sharma and A K Gupta (2013). Management and phenotypic characterization of donkeys of Rajasthan. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 83 (8): 793-797.
5. R.A. Legha, Yash Pal, S. K. Ravi and R. K. Dedar (2013). Physical and biochemical properties of Indian jack semen. Animal Science Reporter 7(4):153-160
6. R.A. Legha and Yash Pal (2013) Seminal characteristics of exotic jacks under arid Conditions in India. Vety Practitioner 13(2): 229-231.
7. Yash Pal, R.A. Legha, R K Dedar and P Bala (2013). Socio-economic Status of Horse Owners vis-a-vis Horse Feeding and Management in Rajasthan. Veterinary World 6(8):470-475.
8. R.K. Dedar, A. Ahuja, Yash Pal, Legha R.A. & N. Kataria (2013). Seasonal variations of oxidative stress biomarkers and Therapeutic efficacy of antioxidants in donkeys. Veterinary Practitioner 14 (1): 7-9
9. R.K. Dedar, J. Singh, S. Kumar, R. A. Legha, Yash Pal, Vijay Kumar and R.K. Singh (2013) Prevalence of various ailments in Indigenous horses. Veterinary Practitioner 14 (1): 183-185
10. S.K. Ravi, R.A. Legha, R.K. Dedar, Yash Pal, RC Sharma (2013). Characteristics and freezability of Kathiawari horse semen. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 83 (11): 1146-1148.
11. Yash Pal, R.K. Dedar, S. K. Ravi, R.A. Legha, A K Gupta and R.K. Singh (2013). Effect of dietary antioxidant supplementation on fresh semen quality in indigenous jacks Indian Veterinary Journal: 90 (3): 135-136.
12. S.K. Ravi, R A Legha, Yash Pal and T R Talluri (2013). Effect of different levels of glycerol on freezability of jack Semen. Veterinary Practitioner, 14 (2):338-339.
13. S.K. Ravi, P.S. Yadav, R.K. Singh, T. R. Talluri, Yash Pal, A. Arangasamy, J Singh, R.C. Sharma and Susavi Kumari (2013). An overview on reproductive disorders in indigenous female equids. Journal of Animal Research 3 (2) 245-259.
14. A. Arangasamy, Thirumala Rao Talluri, S. K. Ravi, R. K Singh and Yash Pal (2013). Freezing of indigenous stallion and Poitou jack semen with Amide as cryoprotectants. Veterinary Practitioner, 14 (2) (Supple 1):469-470.
15. T. R. Talluri, Mal Gorakh, S.K. Ravi, Pal Y, Patil N.V, Singh R.K (2012). Seminal plasma protein profiles in three different breeds of equines. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences: 82 (4): 367-368.
16. Yash Pal, A. K. Gupta and S. Kumar (2012). Physical and physiological changes in Donkeys during pack load. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences: 82 (10): 1230-32
17. Gupta, A K, Tandon, S N, Pal, Y, Bhardwaj, A. and Chauhan, M (2012). Phenotypic characterization of Indian equine breeds: a comparative study. Animal Genetic Resources 50: 49-58.
18. Dedar, R.K., Yash Pal, Kumar, S., Legha, R.A., and Singh, R.K. (2012). Anthelminitic Activity of a Traditional Herbal mineral combination in Horses in North Western Rajasthan. Vet Practitioner 13(1): 43-45.
19. Yash Pal, R.K. Dedar, S. K. Ravi, R.A. Legha, A K Gupta and R.K. Singh (2012). Effect of dietary antioxidant supplementation on fresh semen quality in indigenous jacks. Indian Veterinary Journal, 90 (3): 135-136.
20. R. A. Legha, Yash Pal and J. Singh (2012). Superior mule production in field using frozen semen of poitou jacks. Vety Practitioner 13(1): 86-87.
21. R.A. Legha and Yash Pal (2012). A comparative study of freezing techniques of jack semen. Vety Practitioner 13(1): 88-89.
22. Yash Pal and R.A. Legha (2012) Stallion semen freezing and thawing protocols. Indian Veterinary Journal, 89 (2): 54-55.
23. T.R. Talluri, A. Arangasamy, S. K. Ravi, Yash Pal, A.K. Gupta and R.K. Singh (2012) Seminal characteristics of fresh and frozen semen of Zanskari Stallions. Indian Veterinary Journal, 89 (7): 62-64.
24. T.R. Talluri, A. Arangasamy, Sanjay Kr. Ravi and Yash Pal (2012). Hypo-Osmotic Swelling Test (HOST) for quality evaluation of fresh and frozen semen in horses. Indian Veterinary Journal, 89(11): 68-70.
25. Yash Pal, A Arangasamy, R A Legha, J Singh, R S Bansal, S K Khurana and S N Tandon (2011). Freezability and Fertility of Marwari Stallion Semen. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences: 81 (5): 445-47.
26. Yash Pal and R.A. Legha (2011). Cryopreservation of Marwari stallion semen using primary and secondary semen extenders: A comparison. Veterinary Practitioner 12 (2): 223-224.
27. Yash Pal, R A Legha, Y P Thakur, A K Gupta and R K Singh (2011) Socio-economic status of Spiti horse owners vis-a-vis horse management in native tract. Veterinary Practitioner 12 (1): 73-76.
28. R K Dedar, Yash Pal, S Kumar, S K Ghorui, R A Legha and R K Singh (2011) Therapeutic evaluation of ivermectin against endoparasites of donkey. Veterinary Practitioner 12 (1): 86-87.
29. Yash Pal and R. A. Legha (2009). Seminal characteristics of Marwari stallions. Indian Veterinary Journal 86 (9): 918-920.
30. R. S. Bansal, Yash Pal, P. K. Pareek and A. K. Gupta (2009). Progesterone profile during various physiological stages in mares. The Indian Veterinary Journal 86: 481-483.
31. R. S. Bansal, Yash Pal and P. K. Pareek (2009). Ultrasonographic imaging for early pregnancy diagnosis in mares. Indian Journal of Animal Reproduction 30 (2) 52-53.
32. Yash Pal, R. A. Legha and S. N. Tandon (2009). Comparative assessment of seminal characteristics of horse and donkey stallions. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 79 (10): 1028-29.
33. Yash Pal and R. A. Legha (2008). Socio-economic status of mule producers and management practices of mule production in rural areas. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 78 (11):1281-1284.
34. R. S. Bansal, Yash Pal, P. K. Pareek and J. S. Mehta (2008). Ultrasonographic studies during early pregnancy in equines. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 78 (8): 839-840.
35. A. Arangasamy, R. A. Legha, Yash Pal, R. S. Bansal, J. Singh and R.C. Sharma (2008). Conception rate of Marwari stallion's semen cryopreserved by custom freezing. The Indian Veterinary Journal 85(9): 1001-1002.
36. A.K. Gupta, R. Singh, Mamta, M. K. Singh and Yash Pal (2008). Physical and biochemical studies in jack's semen. Annals of Arid Zone 47 (1): 79-87.