|Dr. Talluri Thirumala Rao
Discipline: Animal Reproduction and Gynaecology
E-mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Area of Research Interests:
My area of research includes Stem cell Biology, Reproductive Biotechnology, Assisted Reproductive Technologies and Transgenic Animal production through sperm mediated gene transfer. Presently working on the projects aiming at the refinement of stallion semen cryoprotectants for better freezability of stallion semen and Equine Embryo Transfer.
Research Achievements at NRCE that can be reflected on the web site:
A. Successfully collected and preserved the Semen from the Marwari Stallions at our farm and at Farmers' door step.
B. For the first time Zanskari semen has been successfully collected and cryopreserved.
C. First time AI (Artificial Insemination) has been introduced with frozen semen in Zanskari Mares and made them pregnant.
Selected Publications of the last five years:
1. Talluri TR, Kumar D, Glage S, Garrels W, Ivics Z, Debowski K, Behr R, Kues WA. 2014. Non-viral reprogramming of fibroblasts into induced pluripotent stem cells by Sleeping Beauty and piggyBac transposons. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 450, 581-587.
2. Kues WA., Talluri TR., Garrels W. 2013. Delineating the placental maternal-fetal interface. Molecular Reproduction and Development 80, 959.
3. Arangasamy, Thirumala Rao Talluri, S. K. Ravi, R. K Singh and Yash Pal 2013. Freezing of Indigenous Stallion and Poitou Jack Semen with Amide as Cryoprotectants. Veterinary Practitioner Vol. 14 No. 2 (Supple. 1), P 469-470.
4. S.K. Ravi, P.S. Yadav, R.K. Singh, Thirumala Rao Talluri, Y. Pal, A. Arangasamy, J Singh, R.C. Sharma and SusaviKumari, 2013. An Overview on Reproductive Disorders in Indigenous Female Equids. Journal of Animal Research: Vol. 3(2) December 2013, P 245-259
5. Talluri TR, Kumar D, Glage S, Garrels W, Ivics Z, Debowski K, Behr R, Heiner Niemann and Kues WA. 2014. Derivation and Characterization of Bovine Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells by Transposon-Mediated Reprogramming. Under Review, Cellular Reprogramming.
6. Dharmendra Kumar, Thirumala R. Talluri, TarunaAnand, and Wilfried A. Kues. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells, 2014: Mechanisms, Achievements and Future Perspectives in Farm Animals. Under Review, World Journal of Stem cells.
7. TarunaAnand ,Thirumala R. Talluri, Dharmendra Kumar, WiebkeGarrels, Katharina Debowski, Rudiger Behr, Wilfried A. Kues. 2014. Lentoid Body Differentiation from iPS cells carrying a lens cell-specific fluorescent reporter. Under Review.
8. WiebkeGarrels, Stephanie Holler, Nicole Cleve, Thirumala R. Talluri, Brigitte Barg-Kues, Mike Diederich, Peter Kohler, Bjorn Petersen, Andrea Lucas-Hahn HeinerNiemann, ZsuzsannaIzsvak, ZoltanIvics, Wilfried A. Kues. 2014. Antibiotic Marker-free Recombinase-mediated Cassette Exchange in a Sleeping Beauty Transposon-tagged Pig Model. Under Communication.
9. S K Ravi, R A Legha, Yash Pal andThirumala Rao Talluri(2013). Effect of different levels of glycerol on freezability of jack Semen.Veterinary Practitioner, 14 (2):338-339.
10. Thirumala rao Talluri, J.Singh , Ravi.S.K:Thirumala Rao Talluri, J. Singh and S K Ravi. (2012). Postpartum Endometritis in a Marwari mare. Indian Vet J. 89 (5): 56-57.
11. Talluri Thirumala Rao, Mal Gorakh, S K Ravi, Singh R K and Patil N V. (2012) Comparative study on seminal plasma protein profiles in three different breeds of equines. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 82 (4): 367-368.
12. Thirumala Rao Talluri, Arangasamy A, S K Ravi, Yash Pal, A. K. Gupta and R.K. Singh. (2012). Characteristics of fresh and frozen semen of Zanskari stallions. Indian Vet J. 89 (7): 62-64.
13. Thirumala Rao Talluri, Arangasamy A., Sanjay Kumar Ravi. andYash Pal (2012). Hypo-Osmotic Swelling test for quality evaluation of fresh and frozen semen quality in horses. Indian Vet J. 89 (11): 68-70.
14. R K Vaid, A Arangasamy, T. Talluri, S Ravi, B C Bera, T Anand, T Riyesh, N Virmani, P Malik and R K Singh (2012). Microbial quality of fresh and frozen equine semen of Indian horses. Veterinary Practioner, 13 (2):336-339.
15. Thirumala rao Talluri, A.Arangasamy, J.Singh, Bansal.R.S and Tandon S.N : Twinning and its management in mares: Communicated to Indian Journal of Animal Reproduction and is Accepted for publication and to be published in December 2011
16. Thirumala Rao Talluri, M.Mutha Rao, K.Babu Rao and KV Naidu: Studies on ejaculate characteristics and fertility in Ongole Bulls: The Indian Veterinary Journal, Vol No. 88, February 2010, Page no. 36-37.
17. Thirumala rao Talluri, A.Arangasamy, J.Singh, R.K.Singh and S.N.Tandon: Scrotal Biometry in Marwari Stallions: The Indian Veterinary Journal, Vol. No. 87, October 2010, Page no. 1059-106.
18. Thirumala rao Talluri, Chandra prasad.B and A.Arangasamy: Dystocia due to Dystocia due to Conjoined Heads in a Primiparous Buffalo: Indian Journal of Animal Reproduction, December 2010, Page no.78.
19. Thirumala rao Talluri, M. Mutha rao, K. Babu rao and K.V. Naidu: Studies on scrotal biometry, ejaculate characteristics and fertility in Ongole bulls: Indian Journal of Animal Reproduction, December 2010, Page No.4.
20. Chandra rpasad.B, Thirumala rao Talluri and Ch. Mallikharjuna Rao: Schistosomus reflex with persomusacardatus in a she buffalo: Indian Journal of Animal Reproduction, December 2010, Page.76.