|Dr. Harisankar Singha
Discipline: Animal Biotechnology
E-mail ID : email@example.com
Area of Research Interests:
Molecular diagnosis of infectious disease, host-pathogen interactions and equine immunology.
Dr. Harisankar Singha, graduated in Veterinary Sciences from West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, Kolkata, West Bengal in 2001 and completed Masters and Ph. D in Animal Biotechnology from IVRI, Izatnagar in 2003 and 2007 respectively. He worked as Research Associate at Dept. of Biochemistry in AIIMS, New Delhi for a short stint. In 2008, he joined National Research Centre on Equines, Hisar as Scientist (Biotechnology, Animal Sciences).
1. Eukaryotic expression of equine cytokines and analysis of their biological activities.
2. OIE laboratories twinning project on glanders
3. Surveillance, monitoring and control of emerging and existing diseases of equines.
Recent Research Publications:
6. Singha H, Gulati BR, Kumar P, Singh BK, Virmani N, Singh RK. (2012). Complete genome sequence analysis of a Japanese encephalitis virus isolated from a horse in India. Arch. Virol, 158 (1): 113-122
7. Gulati BR, Singha H, Singh BK, Virmani N, Kumar S, Singh RK. (2012).Isolation and genetic characterization of Japanese encephalitis virus from equines in India. J. Vet. Sci. 13(2): 111-118
8. Singh, R K, Malik, Praveen and Singha H. (2012). Glanders: Re-emerging zoonosis in India. Ind J Vet Pub Health. 2&3: 1-8.