Dr. Balvinder Kumar Manuja
Principal Scientist (Animal Biotechnology)
Equine Virology, Molecular Diagnostics, Epidemiology
Dr Balvinder Kumar is currently working on "Development of diagnostics for emergency preparedness and monitoring of emerging equine viral diseases" The work involves development of molecular diagnostics for Vesicular stomatitis and Equine encephalitis (VEE, WEE and EEE).
1. Development of diagnostics for emergency preparedness and monitoring of emerging equine viral diseases
2. Surveillance, Monitoring and Control of Emerging and Existing Diseases of Equines
3. Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of drug loaded nano-formulations against Trypanosoma evansi in animal model
Completed Research Projects:
a. Diversity of Mx gene and association of polymorphic markers with susceptibility vis-a-vis resistance against Equine Influenza.
b. Characterization of Toll like receptor 9 and its role in CpG immuno-modulation in equines.
In recognition of contributions he has been conferred Dr V.D. Kashyap and Ms. Manju Utreja Gold Medals for academic excellence by CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar and Scientist Award by Indian Society for Veterinary Immunology and Biotechnology.
1. Manuja BK, Manuja A, Dahiya R, Singh S, Sharma RC, Gahlot SK. 2014.Diversity of interferon inducible Mx gene in horses and association of variations with susceptibility vis-a-vis resistance against equine influenza infection. Infect Genet Evol. 2014 Jul 24; 27C: 142-148.
2. Manuja A, Kumar P, Kumar R, Kumar B, Singha H, Sharma RK, Yadav SC. 2014. CpG-ODN class C-mediated immunostimulation and its potential against Trypanosoma evansi in equines. Int Immunopharmacol. 2014 Jul 24;22(2):366-370.
3. Manuja A., Kumar S., Dilbaghi N, Bhanjana G, Chopra M, Kaur H, Kumar R, Manuja Kumar B, Singh SK, Yadav SC, 2014. Quinapyramine sulphate-loaded sodium alginate nanoparticles shows enhanced trypanocidal activity. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2014 Jan 10. [Epub ahead of print].
4. Manuja A., Manuja, B.K. Kaushik Jyoti, H Singha 2013. Immunotherapeutic potential of CpG oligodeoxynucleotide in Veterinary species. Immunopharmacology And Immunotoxicology, 35(5):535-44..
5. Manuja Anju, Manuja K. Balvinder, Kataria RS, Sethi RK, Singh RK. 2013. Comparative Analysis of Molecular Structure, Function and Expression of Buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) Toll-Like Receptor 9, Journal of Buffalo Science, 2013, 2: 63-71.
6. Manuja Anju, Kumar Balvinder and Singh RK. 2012. Nanotechnology developments: Nanotechnology developments: opportunities for animal health and production Published: 2012-01-30 15:50:08 | DOI: 10.4081/nd.2012.e4
7. Kumar Balvinder Manuja Anju, Aich Palok. 2012. Stress and its impact on farm animals. Frontiers in Bioscience E4, 1759-1767.
8. Manuja Anju, Manuja K. Balvinder Dhingra Manupriya, Sarkar Susheel. 2012 Differential expression of toll-like receptor 9 by various immune compartments of buffalo (Bubalus bubalis). Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 82 (4): 427-429.
9. Rana N., Khanna S, Raut A., Bhardwaj S.R, Manuja A., Manuja B., Saini A., Kakkar S., Khurana K.L and Sethi RK. 2010. Retrospective epidemiological analysis of mortality trends in neonatal and growing Murrah buffalo calves at an organized herd. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 80 (10): 976-79
10. Manuja A, Virmani N., Kurrupusamy S, Vaid RK, Manuja BK, Kumar S and Singh BK. 2011. Rectal prolapse and enteritis in a foal. Online J. Veterinary Research. Vol. 15 (5): 462 -467
11. Manuja K Balvinder, Prasad M, Manuja Anju, Gulati BR, Prasad G. 2010. Comparative efficacy of immunological, molecular and culture Gulati, Gaya assays for detection of group A rotavirus from faecal samples of buffalo calves. Tropical Animal Health and Production. DOI 10.1007/s11250-010-9642-y
12. Manuja K Balvinder, Prasad M, Manuja Anju, Gulati BR, Prasad G. 2008. A novel genomic constellation (G10P) of group A rotavirus detected from buffalo calves in northern India. Virus Research, 138: 36-42.