|Dr. Anuradha Bhardwaj
Discipline: Biotechnology (Animal Sciences)
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Genomics, Marker Assisted Selection and Population Genetics in Equine/Buffalo
Reproductive Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology and Proteomics
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
membership of professional societies
Life Member Society of Biological Chemists (SBC), India: 2005-present
Life Member Indian Society for Buffalo Development (ISBD) :2010-present
Life Member Society For Conservation of Domestic Animal Biodiversity (SOCDAB): 2014-present
Life Member Indian Society For Veterinary Immunology and Biotechnology (ISVIB): 2015-present
1. Principal Investigator: "Genetic characterization of Marwari horses for selection of true to breed animals". (2015-2018)
2. Principal Investigator: "Cloning, Expression and Characterization of eCG". (2010-2015)
3. Co-Principal Investigator: "Characterization of non-descript, geographically distinct indigenous donkeys."(2010-2014)
4. Co-Principal Investigator: "Molecular characterization of Indigenous breeds of horse for genetic diversity within and between different breeds." (2006-2012)
5. Co-Principal Investigator: "Gene Expression of Proteolytic System and Growth regulators in the Mammary Gland and Skeletal Muscles of Buffalo (Bubalus bubalis)." (2010-2012)
6. Co-Principal Investigator: "Studies on biochemical properties of donkey milk with reference to its biological role." (2012-2015)
7. Co-Principal Investigator: "Parentage testing in Horses for development of in house facility." (2015-2017)
1. NAIP Overseas Training in the area of "Marker Assisted Selection" at Department of Animal Sciences, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA (12th September 2013 - 10th December 2013)
2. "Phenomics and Genomics tools for analysis of livestock genomes" at NBAGR, Karnal (14th -23rd June 2012).
3. "Databases and Softwares for analysis of animal genetic and breeding data" at NDRI , Karnal (10th-30th March 2011)
3. "Recent Advances in molecular and immunological techniques for diagnosis of bacterial diseases of animals at C.VSc., CAU, Aizwal, Mizoram (2nd-22nd March 2009)
4. "82nd FOCARS" at NAARM, Hyderabad (7th January-5th May 2008)
A. Research PAPERS
(i) Anuradha Bhardwaj, Varij Nayan, Paras Yadav, Sachinandan De, Tirtha K. Datta & Surender Lal Goswami (2012). Heterologous Expression and Characterization of Indian Sahiwal Cattle (Bos indicus) Alpha Inhibin. Animal Biotechnology, 23 (2): 71-88.
(ii) Anuradha Bhardwaj, Varij Nayan, S. De and S.L. Goswami (2013). Differential Expression Profiling of Recombinant Bovine Inhibin-Alpha at Reduced Temperature. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 47 (1): 61-65.
(iii) Gupta, A.K. Mamta Chauhan, Anuradha Bhardwaj and S.N. Tandon (2012). Microsatellite markers based genetic diversity and bottleneck studies in Zanskari pony. Gene, 499: 357-361.
(iv) Gupta, A.K., Tandon, S.N., Pal, Y., Bhardwaj, A., Chauhan, M. (2012). Phenotypic characterization of Indian horse breeds - A comparative study. Animal Genetic Resources, 50, 49-58.
(v) Varij Nayan, Anuradha Bhardwaj and Dheer Singh. PAPP-A in Indian Water Buffalo (Bubalis bubalis) Ovary: Phylogeny, Expression, Hormonal Regulation and Sequence Characterization. Agricultural Research, 2(2):153-165.
(vi) A.K. Gupta, Mamta Chauhan and Anuradha Bhardwaj (2013). Genetic diversity and bottleneck studies in endangered Bhutia and Manipuri pony breeds. Molecular Biology Reports, December 2013, Volume 30, Issue 12, pp 6935-6943.
(vii) A.K. Gupta, Mamta Chauhan, Anuradha Bhardwaj, Neelam Gupta, S.C. Gupta, Yash Pal, S.N. Tandon and R.K.Vijh (2014). Comparative Genetic Diversity Analysis among Six Indian Horse Breeds and English Thoroughbred. Livestock Science 163 (2014) 1-11.
(viii) A.K. Gupta, Mamta Chauhan, Anuradha Bhardwaj, and R.K.Vijh (2015). Assessment of Demographic Bottleneck in Indian Horse and Endangered Pony Breeds. Journal of Genetics (Published online: http://www.ias.ac.in/jgenet/forthcoming/unedited/jgen-14-779-ue.pdf).